Saturday, November 1, 2008

1st Group Ride

I went in the slowest group. I felt the pace was too slow for me, but that's kind of comforting. I stalled a bunch of times. I need to add much more gas when starting on a hill.

My turns felt better than when I was on Hicks. I able to ride the line I want to. I didn't lean my body out enough and that force me to lean the bike much more. That's something to work on next time, hang off the bike a bit more, but not dragging my knee or anything like that. The idea is to take the same turns at the same speeds with less bike lean.

On the freeway, I was too far behind the group to be consider in the group. I need to stay closer so cars don't get the idea that they can come in. That's something that should come when I get more comfortable.

On the way home I ran out of gas and had to pull over to the side of the road to switch to reserve. I need to practice doing this quickly while riding. I also need to know where my caution lights are.

I found that my slow speed maneuvers are pretty good. I'm comfortable doing slow U turns.

Note that I've wore my helmet for an hour now and feel no tension at all, except my neck is getting a bit tired. No headache so I guess my cushion modifications worked. That saved me $500, sweet.

No comments: