Saturday, November 1, 2008

Riding Finally

My first ride was 2 miles to get some keys made for the bike. The books says that one should back the bike into a parking space so you can just ride out. Well, that's not true if the parking is sightly uphill. In that case, ride up to park and back up to leave.

I learn on this trip what a PITA motorcycle gear is. I had to take the gloves off to do anything. The jacket, even with all the mesh, gets hot really quick when there's no wind. However, I didn't have anyone not notice me and my HiRes Red jacket.

My next ride was to the AAA office to transfer the title to myself. I also stop by my son's school. At every stop, I got comments on my jacket. They were positive comments, but I'm sure some of them were muttering to themselves that they wouldn't get caught dead in that color.

No comments: